“How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life.”
‘You Are a Badass’ promises to help you confront and change your self-sabotaging behaviour and creating a kick-ass life. Its chapters are filled with stories to inspire you and exercises to guide you through your badassery journey. She uses straight talk and humour to help you to get to understand yourself, improve the things that you can and accept those that you can’t change.
Here are some lessons I took away from the book:
- “What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.”
- Your faith should be greater than you fear.
- “Growth ain’t for the weenies, but it is nowhere near as painful as living the life you’re living right now if you’re not really going for it.”
- If you are able to have a fucked up perception of yourself, you are also able to have a brilliant one. Why choose the former?
- “When we’re happy and all in love with ourselves, we can’t be bothered with the bullshit (our own or other people’s).”
- Actions can reveal answers better than just sitting and thinking about them.
- If you want to make changes in your life and get the things that you want, you’re going to have to take control of your thoughts.
- When you live in a state of gratitude, it’s easy to believe that more great things are coming your way.
- “So often when we say we’re unqualified for something, what we are really saying is that we’re too scared to try it, not that we can’t do it.”
- “There is a big difference between walking around saying you want to make a million dollars a year, and having crystal clear intentions, fierce desire, and hell-bent action towards a specific goal.”
This book is a good reminder to us about our abilities to steer our lives in the direction we desire. If you usually have self-doubt, feel stuck or unable to see yourself in a place of success, wealth, happiness or thriving in whatever it is you want to do and have, it gives you a pinch to tell you to stop and tells you how to change and do better.
Title: You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living And Awesome Life
Author: Jen Sincero
Published: 2013, Running Press Book Publishers
One thought on “Lessons from YOU ARE A BADASS by Jen Sincero”